View Single Post
Old
07-23-2012, 11:19 AM
Jame
Dream '16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Why? Do you see another goaltender in this system who'll be prepared for an NHL starter's role within two years? I don't. After several years of inconsistent play at each professional level, I don't think the organization is all that high on Enroth, at least as far as being an NHL starter. Add to that a woeful UFA crop of goaltenders in summer 2014--Lundqvist is not leaving NYC, and the best options after him are Kipper (will be 37 and far less consistent than Miller), Hiller (will probably want a raise to the point there wouldn't be much cost savings from Miller), and Halak (ditto). The only way I see Miller going is if someone offers a hot shot goaltending prospect on the cusp of NHL duty (plus other assets) in exchange for Miller. I don't think he'd ever ask out.

While Miller has grown more jaded to Buffalo over the years--particularly with the local media--I get the sense that the Pegulas very much like him and the feeling is mutual. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see him sign something like a three-year deal for similar money
Ryan Miller will be 34 yrs old and have close to 600 games of wear on his body... I'm ok with re-signing him short term to Jose Theodore/Tomas Vokoun money and being clear that someone is going to get a large share games behind him to begin grooming his replacement... but im not sure his ego could handle that.

He should not be given another "franchise goalie" contract...

Also, there are a LOT of quality goaltenders available in 2013.

I'd give Al Montoya a nice 3 yr contract. He can split with Miller for a year, and then take over.

Greiss is another interesting target, along with

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote