View Single Post
Old
07-23-2012, 11:56 AM
rh71

vCash: 500
how to get kids into hockey

for some reason searching for this isn't resulting in anything... I have twin boys now 4 years old and I've taken them ice skating like 3 times the last year. Each time they'd get on and barely know how to skate but by the end of the session they can pretty much move around with just me holding 1 hand with random falls of course. It's also difficult since one has to sit while I take the other one around.

They have hockey programs but is it wise to just throw them out there with the instructors or do I get them into regular skating school first? Do I just keep doing what I'm doing for a bit longer and more frequent? They like hockey since we loosely play at home... just not sure how to best get them into ice hockey. Should I start with getting them their own skates - was reluctant because of the constant growth thing. I personally started at 17.

I recently played in a men's league with a 16 year old kid and he was flying around like the rest of us were standing still - and I'm not exactly slow. I want my kids to be him.

Last edited by rh71: 07-23-2012 at 12:02 PM.
rh71 is offline   Reply With Quote