View Single Post
Old
07-23-2012, 12:52 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
He was a playmaking center whose most consistent 'good' line was having Ryder and Higgins on his wings. Speaks volumes. Nobody is saying he was a superstar. Habs had much bigger problems than koivu at almost every other position for a long time, so heaping the blame on Koivu because he was the best we had, that's just retarded.
I think it's management's fault really. How do you put him in a position he isn't suited for? I mean, if we're expecting a legacy out of plekanec, again we'll be disappointed. The reality is, he is also a 1B or 2A and if we hadn't drafted galchenyuk and had no plans to upgrade, it would be another era of being average. At the time, as good as koivu was, injuries caught up to him and his small stature in old NHL wasn't easy. They had to support him better but didn't. I'd even go as far as admitting they should've made him part of the supporting cast and got a legit #1. Not a shot at koivu but hard to maintain that type of fearless style at his size against top matchups.

LyricalLyricist is online now   Reply With Quote