View Single Post
Old
07-23-2012, 03:29 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 350
I know you guys are pissed because there's a low chance of any of the pieces you received reaching a "superstar" level, but Dubinsky and AA are very good pieces to have on your team regardless. I will certainly miss them, but I'm happy with this deal.

I have to say this about Dubinsky though, he had a down year this past season, BUT before then it was a heated debate among Rangers fans about who is better between him and Callahan, and also who would be a better captain. Dubinsky, when he is playing at the level he's capable of, is a definite 2nd liner. He carries the puck pretty well and is a heart and soul player. He has a lot of swagger as well and will definitely drop the gloves to protect team mates. Definite captain material, and at the very least he can serve as a great role model to your younger guys.

He really is a very good player, a guy any team would love to have. Sure his cap hit is slightly high, but I have no doubts that he can match his value relative to it in the upcoming season. He has a lot of pride and I don't see him repeating the lower performance he put up last year.

As for Anisimov, another guy you're gonna love. Occasionaly shows incredible stick handling and is a fantastic 3C. Both Dubi and AA and great PK guys as well.

Erixon was our top defensive prospect. He was soft when he got his cup of tea with the Rangers early in '11-'12, but he really has a good head on his shoulders. Obviously it's buyer beware with him because he forced a trade before, but even if he tries to pull the same crap with you guys you can get a decent return for him. You could probably turn him into a second rounder if that's the case.

The first will be low in all liklihood, but it's supposed to be a deep draft in '13.

Overall this was not the package most of you were probably expecting, but make no mistake, these guys WILL help you! Best of luck to your team in the future.