View Single Post
Old
07-23-2012, 03:22 PM
tsujimoto74

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dire wolf View Post
Brooklyn summer is good. I tried it when I was back east a few weeks ago. Also enjoyed some Magic Hat #9. Also tried an American Pale Ale from Bronx brewery, which was pretty good.

If you like the summer ales, on a more west-coast-note, I heartily recommend the following summer ales/Kolsch-style ales:

Alaskan Summer Ale

Anchor Summer Beer

and my favorite:
Mission Brewery Blonde (Kolsch-style ale)
Mmm that Anchor look good. I think I've had a wheat beer of theirs before, on the recommendation of a friend of mine who moved out to San Fran. Never heard of Mission Brewery before, but the description they have of that brew on their website sounds awesome: "With the color of a pilsner and the character of an ale, our blonde settles into the realm of restorative. Endowed with an authentic Kolsch yeast strain for a peck of fruitiness that compliments the blend of noble hops. Lager-like with its delicate dryness, it really is redolent of ales from Koln, Germany." (If it can be described as lager-like and kind of German-tasting, I'm probably into it haha.)

Side note: Anyone in here who lives in the Rochester area should check out MacGregors some time if you can. They keep around 60 beers on tap (lot of locals, and a lot of my personal favorite Great Lakes), which they rotate seasonally. Good prices too.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote