View Single Post
Old
07-23-2012, 05:03 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
Agreed. It's certainly not a great return but it's not as bad as everyone is making out. Nash pretty much had to be moved and him only waiving to go to certain teams didn't help the Jackets either.

Their season now depends on their goaltending, how much Johanssen develops and whether a guy like Dubinsky can have a bounce back year getting top minutes. They're certainly deeper up front but now don't have much in the way of top end talent. I think their defense is pretty good, there are certainly much worse bluelines out there.
I agree. Goaltending's obviously going to be huge for them, again. On offense, I'd mention a guy like Brassard (who's finished the season yet again looking like he finally got it, and they now need some consistency from him, which has been missing so far) maybe even before Johansen, but they'll obviously all have to pick something up. And in that, I feel like Dubinsky and Foligno are pretty good bets to do just that. They just seem like the type of guys you'd want when you don't have a pre-designed go-to guy.