View Single Post
Old
07-23-2012, 05:46 PM
FadeToBlack

vCash: 500
Alright, so here we go, I think these are all right now.

First spreadsheet shows last years' estimated numbers for the Preds.

From here on out, we're using last years' numbers with some minor tweaks to estimate this years numbers. 2% rise in season ticket and gate revenue (I know that's under inflation, but they lost some talent this year, so revenue should, in theory, trail growth), and a 5% rise in costs (About what inflation is running these days). I'm also assuming they match Weber's contract, and sign players with contracts totaling $2,488,833 to hit the cap floor at $54,200,000.

Second shows their estimated numbers this year with no lockout.

Third shows their estimated numbers this year with a 1 month lockout starting in October.

Fourth shows their estimated numbers this year with a 2 month lockout starting in October.

Fifth shows their estimated numbers this year with a 3 month lockout starting in October.

Sixth shows their estimated numbers this year with a 9 month (Full season) lockout starting in October.

The last sheet shows their contract situation this year without Weber and his massive bonus. This assumes they are paying players the same as their cap hit ($9,111,167 in additional salary), with $515k handed out as signing bonuses to those players this season. Of note is that this projection does not include any drop in revenue, just the same 2% bump, which is highly unlikely, in my opinion, if the Preds do not keep Suter.

For $3.1m more over the next season, I think they'd match... problem is that $13m bonus comes every July and it's tough from a multitude of standpoints to run a business when you always feel like you're playing catch-up from a financial perspective.

Last edited by FadeToBlack: 07-23-2012 at 06:06 PM.