View Single Post
Old
07-23-2012, 07:40 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

vCash: 500
Water Bill Guy wasn't getting enough attention just showing up at the council meetings and complaining about the water bill. This was his opportunity to "make a difference" and "get his voice heard." It wasn't going to change his water bill, but by golly he was going to put a wrench in the works of that dadgummed hockey team and their horrible thuggish fans!

Cobb is running for office. This was his chance to make a name for himself. He doesn't stand a chance running as a Libertarian, and his website is full of kookiness (a commodity we have plenty of already in the AZ legislature). So by putting up this valiant effort, he could have pointed at it as an accomplishment - "look how much money I saved the taxpayers of Glendale! And I'll fight for you if you send me to the legislature!" Then once it was clear that it wasn't going to happen, Cobb disappeared, never to be seen or heard from again....

It wasn't really an effort with much support behind it. Dare I say it...they were much, much, much less organized than the GlendaleFirst people. It was just two old guys hoping to sit in front of the library and let the signatures come to them. No big money to hire signature collectors, no big money to get legal advice. Just Ken and Joe and a folding table.

Now the deadline is passed and it turns out Ken is a man of his word - no legal paperwork was filed. And Joe still appears to be missing.