View Single Post
Old
07-23-2012, 10:21 PM
Synergy27

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexus Dog View Post
Is it really that special of a circumstance? Of all the players that have played the game, yet only 33? Other players haven't had similar circumstances?

Also, remember it took Nash over 300 shots to score 30 goals this season. Yikes. Will he get 300 shots next season with us? That's the thought that wakes me up in the middle of the night.
I'm not all-in on the Nash bandwagon by any means, but you really do need to factor in the guy's situation. If you think Nash isn't going to get better looks at the back of the net on this team than he ever has in Columbus, you're kidding yourself. I'd venture to guess that the 300 shots he took last season were mostly from the outside and/or with one or two players draped all over him - again, not going to happen on this team and if it does there will be other guys on the ice to take advantage of the space.

If this team can stay healthy, they definitely have the ability to match last season's result if not improve on it. If the injury bug hits, they might be in some trouble because this trade definitely took away a good chunk of depth.