View Single Post
Old
07-23-2012, 10:02 PM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by haseoke39 View Post
And how does Bettman have that authority? Is he just the mini-king of the NHL that gets to decide rules whenever it seems prudent? "Oh, a team wants to invent a trade procedure whereby one team promises another to conduct some trade? This has never been done before and its not in any of the league's bylaws nor been signed off on by the Board of Governors? I'm not only going to recognize it, I'm going to invent a mode of enforcing this agreement in case of breach because it just seems right"???
Except that it did with Shayne Corson. And how does Bettman have that authority? Because, yes, commissioners are mini-kings and can do pretty much whatever they damn well please if it's in the best interests of the game--a right that is always reserved to every commissioner.

Why are we even arguing over something this stupid and theoretical? Does anyone in their right mind think the parties would agree that Nashville doesn't match in consideration for a second trade involving a return of some/all of the picks for players, only to have Philly renege and say "na na nanana, you can't make me!!!" Give me a break.