View Single Post
Old
07-23-2012, 11:02 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
All I know is that if the Flyers get him by calling Poile's bluff I want to hear how it all went down.....I think Poile is trying to play possum but he's effectively dead. They can't afford Weber.....if they decide to try and afford him they will bankrupt themselves in the long run. I mean Weber doesn't even want to commit to them.....
its really is fascinating if you can divorce yourself from the emotion as a fan... talk about high stakes poker.... if the Preds owners really can allow poile to match, then poile holds the winning hand and it will be up to holmgren to decide how badly he wants weber...

do you guys really think Holmgren is OK missing out on Weber?

If so, Poile obviously will get nowhere in trying to get players instead of picks.. but if he really REALLY wants Weber and thinks there is a chance Poile will match then he probably agrees to a deal tomorrow, don't you think?

as I have said elsewhere, I think the owners have told poile to see if he can get a more acceptable return and if its good enough, then let Weber go, but if Holmgren won't give in, then he will be allowed to match.