View Single Post
Old
07-23-2012, 11:49 PM
Lexus Dog

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
I hear you. You are making no sense.

Here are some basic facts you can't refute.

Marian Gaborik scored 40 goals just ONCE between ages 18-27 with his original team, then scored 40 goals twice between ages 28-30.

Rick Nash scored 40 goals just TWICE between ages 18-27 with his original team (actually more often than Gaborik), and now has been dealt to the Rangers at age 28.

No one cares about your list and whatever it says.

The facts are that it is no stretch for Rick Nash to put up two 40 goal seasons in the next three years. Or more if he stays healthy.

And there's no reason he can't extend that out to a fourth or fifth year either. It's not like Gaborik looks to be slowing down yet.

I have no idea if Nash is going to score 180 goals from now till age 33 or whatever it is your stupid list says.

What I do know is that it's very reasonable for Nash to score 40, or close to it, for the next 4-5 years.

In which case we win. In which case no one cares about your list and Nash is worth his contract.
Yes it is a stretch. Unless you think Nash is a generational talent or going to be a wild exception (which I hope). Don't say "fact". That's not a fact at all.

You still don't get it. It means do NOT expect more than 30-30 per year from Nash until he is 33. Again, very few have accomplished that feat. I mean, really? Are you serious?

You're right Gabby hasn't shown signs of slowing. Nash has though. He's right on pace to NOT make the elite list of 33.

It is NOT reasonable to believe Nash hits 40 EVER AGAIN! Much less 5 years in a row.

But yeah, keep calling it a "stupid list". Yeah, that stupid history. I hate it too.