View Single Post
Old
07-24-2012, 12:42 AM
THE HOFF

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
You seem to be unfamiliar with this Stepan guy they have. Kreider can play centre too. They have no shortage of fire power. The only slight concern would be their 3rd RW. Rupp or Christian Thomas might have to step up. Either way they have what it takes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
Who says they can't still do it?

They have the goaltending and 3 young studs on D not yet in their prime.
I credit the rangers with a great chemistry and it reminds me of our conference win. They had a great year, no doubt. On paper, they have a team to repeat what they did - top their division, the conference. I just don't think that the pieces they gave away are going to be as easy to replace (both in terms of depth production, and chemistry) as some here believe. If stepan and kreider need 2-3 years to take charge and step up, its going to be an ugly contract situation to deal with in 2 years. I don't think they match up well at center with any other contenders. there are a few question marks -like it or not - , and I find it personally entertaining to read how that trade makes the rangers look so good on paper, I'd link that up to the playstation threads, where things like chemistry and reliable 50 pts 2 way centers (dubinsky) are not needed/ or simply don't exist.