View Single Post
Old
07-24-2012, 01:51 AM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicdonya View Post
Seeing as how he had just about the same stats as niemi this year, infinitely better rebound control and vision. What appears to be a faster glove hand and what also seems to be better cross crease speed and control, I would say Griess has a great shot at starting and being just as good or better than niemi if he is ever given the chance.

I would also say that the difference between griess pre-KHL and post KHL he looks much much better than before. Which leads me to believe that him getting more playing time will only lead to him being better. Not sure if he can handle the whole load yet, but who knows. I sure like him better than niemi no question.
Greiss might have faster cross ice speed but he for sure doesnt have cross ice control. That is one conplaint about greiss is that he over comits way to much, which means if the shooter waits just an extra second to shoot the puck greiss will be so far out of position it will be like an empty net goal.

Niemi might be slower getting across, but even so he will 90% of the time be in perfect position to make the stop.

Barrie22 is offline   Reply With Quote