View Single Post
Old
07-24-2012, 02:44 AM
DeathToAllButMetal
Let it all burn.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Lip service to a degree, of course. He's not going to say a Schneider-Luongo tandem is an untenable situation. But I seriously think Gillis is stubborn and patient enough to extend this situation to the regular season. Lu could still be traded during the offseason. That's the ideal situation. However, should the not-so-ideal situation unfold, and Gillis has to carry Lu into the season, he will do it.

There's no doubt about it for me. The Hodgson deal showed me a lot about Gillis's mindset. He will be deathly patient. Even to the point of sitting on a disgruntled player, to make what he feels is the right move for the franchise. What that is, I don't know. But I fully expect he will wait until he finds it.
But that could be really damaging to the team. Luongo was just the (unofficial) captain of the team, the guy who was supposed to lead the Canucks for the next decade. How do you expect to bring him back as Schneider's backup? It will be humiliating. And Luongo's certainly got friends in the room who will side with him.

Very dangerous to go into the season with both goalies still around. I can see Gillis doing this, too, though, as I think he's pretty much an arrogant buffoon. Why wait, either? Just like Howson and Nash, Gillis can wait all he wants -- the return is never going to magically get better than what's on the table now.