View Single Post
Old
07-24-2012, 06:23 AM
Barnaby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Interesting to me that there's the idea that the Rangers added Erixon as "sweetner" to get the deal moving, when we know he was already offered up before now. Maybe as part of the deadline deal or around the draft Sather offered him as part of a package, and then pulled back on when Howson didn't bite. Then he waits a bit and throws Erixon out again, hoping for a bite, and gets one this time. Sather already knew he was fine with moving Erixon, but was waiting for the right situation where including him feels like "the Rangers are moving off of their demands!" to Howson

Or maybe I'm giving him too much credit, but Slats is a big fisherman after all!

edit: I still don't expect him to score 40 though. Yes, maybe he'll have more talent to work with, but we shouldn't be banking on a the whole "change of scenery!" too much. People though Gaborik would score 50-60 with a "change of scenery"

I think last year was a down year for Nash and he's better than that, but I'm expecting more around 35 goals if anything. I do think he'll be able to keep that up for several years though. I think he starts to tail off around 32
I expect him to be in the vicinity of 35 goals, but I think his real value will come out in the playoffs. The Rangers needed that big power forward who can drive the net and score the dirtier goals. Gabby is great, but that's not his game. Also, the opposing shut down D can't be on the ice to face both of them...