View Single Post
Old
07-24-2012, 06:41 AM
alkurtz

vCash: 500
I've always been a big fan of Nash, and thrilled that he is part of our team.

However, I have some grave reservations that have nothing to do with Nash but with the loss of Erixon.

There were two reasons why we were eliminated in the playoffs: lack of scoring and an overreliance on four defensemen who wore down as the playoffs progressed and finally hit the proverbial wall.

Going into the offseason I felt it imperative that the Rangers somehow rebuild that third pair of D so as to remove some of the stress from our top 4 and keep them from playign 27+ minutes a night. We all know how Torts leans on certain players.

Erixon was, hopefully, to be part of that 3rd pairing. Now we are left with Stralman and Bickel. Both did a fairly good job last year, but when push comes to shove, we all know that Torts will not play either guy.

Although our options are limited, we need to do something about our 3rd pair D. Injuries will happen. We can't count on Sauer. McIlrath is likely a year away from playing regularly in the NHL.

Attaining Nash hopefully addressed one problem but created another. What are we going to do about our third pair D?