View Single Post
Old
07-24-2012, 07:08 AM
JTG

vCash: 500
I have a problem with the PSU thing that I have a problem with the world today, pretty much. I think they overstepped their bounds and hurt people that had nothing to do with this situation. The NCAA isn't the police. What should happen to the people involved is happening. They are being prosecuted in court, and they are going to jail. The sanctions would probably make more sense if JoePa and Co. were still in there, but right now it's like someone prosecuting you for something your father did, and the people doing the prosecuting are mall cops with no real authority on matters that don't pertain to what happens outside of the confines of football.

I personally believe that the football program, whom no one is left from this incident, should have been left alone, and the people involved should have been tried in court. I feel bad for the kids who were starting their college football careers at PSU this season. My brother went to PSU, and I know how in love kids fall with it. I know a few of them are decommitting right now, and that has to be a hard thing to do, especially when you think you found the right school and situation for yourself.

I'll be very curious to see what happens with top notch players on PSU. If Silas Read transfers, I think the whole gang transfers. If he stays, I think there's a decent shot that everyone stays. I mean, the guys on the team are all locked in with scholarships, so they could stay, and nothing could happen for at least a year or two in terms of quality of football.

Last edited by JTG: 07-24-2012 at 07:15 AM.