View Single Post
Old
07-24-2012, 08:33 AM
CrankyJay

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digable5 View Post
I know a lot of teams are concerned about the ill will an RFA offer sheet will cause, but if this is the terms Kane is pondering from the Jets, GMs ought to be sending him a contract. I know Winnipeg is likely to match, but that's a steal for Kane. At least drive up the price a bit. Enough of this unwritten rule nonsense. Its part of the rules, and if we don't do it someone will as we've seen with Weber. If we want to improve the team we need to take some risk in the free agent market. Make a run at Kane and if Winnipeg matches you're taking cap dollars away from a competitor. People think if we offer sheet Kane we should expect the same for Ennis. But what if we don't offer sheet Kane and someone still offer sheets Ennis? I don't think we should make moves(or not make moves in this case) out of fear.
I say offer sheet away...it's incentive for teams to sign up their RFAs before it gets to the point where other teams can retaliate and offer sheet yours. Then you leave one RFA exposed that you wanted to get rid of anyway and hopefully someone offer sheets him.

Yeah, I've got this figured out.