View Single Post
Old
07-24-2012, 09:56 AM
Levitate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchShamrock View Post
Gotta disagree. Huge bargain pick, committed to coming to NA, tragic outcome. The only thing you can blame on his environment is the physicals and the decision with the ambulances. I would imagine guys like Zherdev, Kovalev and Radulov would scare off the Rangers more than Cherepanov.

The Rangers committed to a "North/South" North American brand of hockey after the Ducks won and the Jagr/Nylander/Straka era ended. Can't exactly say the cup winners are proving the Rangers wrong, and it is a copy cat league. Seems like cores are built around N.A. style players with European skill added.
I say scared off because if you remember, originally it was said that Cherepanov would spend one year in Russia and then come over. Then suddenly it was two years and there was misinformation flying back and forth from agents and Cherepanov himself and Russian teams, etc. The Rangers didn't know what was what. Then he dies in that second year because of cruddy team doctors and poor emergency services.

I think the Rangers just aren't interested in taking that chance where they have no clue at all when a player will actually come over and who they'll have to fight with to get him over.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote