View Single Post
Old
07-24-2012, 11:31 AM
haveandare

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
I will absolutely miss them too but to start looking for them to come back is when it gets too much.

Truly no offense to callagraves, just the vibe I'm getting from this thread.
Dubi, Callahan, Staal and Girardi were the new wave of NYR in my eyes. They went out on the ice and said, through their play, "this isn't going to be a team where lazy has-beens come to retire - this is going to be a team that plays hard hockey, a team that makes up for lack of skill with abundance of heart," and for the most part, those guys stuck to that. Though there's more skill now, NYR is still a team that plays that type of game, as exemplified by the man who wears the C. I don't think it's too much to hope that one day the one guy who is missing from that group comes back. I don't want him on his current contract, I don't want him on the top line, I don't want to undo this trade, but if he ends up being a solid grinder with a reasonable contract again at some point, I think it would be nice to have him back on this team because he did a lot toward establishing the current identity.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote