View Single Post
Old
07-24-2012, 02:30 PM
LeftCoast

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tact View Post
Really? If Booth and Kulemin re-capture there 30 goal, 55-60 pt season form playing with Perry, Getzlaf and Selanne, I think it would add depth to their top 6.

Kadri would probably crack the lineup and would be groomed into the 2nd line center once Koivu retires/leaves playing behind Getzlaf.

Booth locked up for 3 years, Kulemin 2 years and Kadri still has a lot of RFA years left.
Yes - but the Ducks would be trading a consistent 30+ goal scorer for a couple of guys who [i]might[/b] recapture their 30+ goal form. If these guys don't rebound (and in Booth's case, it's been 3 injury ridden seasons since he put up 30 goals) Bob Murray ends up looking like an idiot and probably gets fired.

It's the "two dimes and a nickel doesn't equal a quarter" argument.

I guess it all depends on what you think of Kadri, but Anaheim is the only party that comes out of this deal without an impact player and Toronto is the only club that doesn't give up an established impact player. I also think Anaheim needs NHL capable defensemen far more than a scoring centre.

Three-way deals are rare due to the need to balance salary cap, term, age and talent, but if there is a 3-way deal between these three teams it is going to involve Jake Gardiner, Roberto Luongo and Bobby Ryan with picks, players and/or prospects to balance the risk, value and economic factors.