View Single Post
Old
12-02-2003, 01:17 PM
MVP

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koltsov71
Fleury, Caron, Koltsov, Malone, Orpik, Murley, Beech, Fata, Melichar, Morozov. Yes, I do think that is a core for a young competitive team. Cutting salary is the main objective, but not the only objective.

Some of the names above are very questionable, although you can put Milan Kraft in there too, since he been playing better recently. To be honest, i used to like the Penguins because of the style they played which was extreme exciting, however through the loss of Jagr, Kovy, Lang and Straka for basically nothing, it is tough not to change my view at looking at this team. In my personal opinion, as much as i wish to believe Mario is trying to put on a competitive team with an affortable budget, that is clearly not the case supported with evidences such as continue struggle with MA Fleury over the salary bonus. To be fair, i think Craig Patrick and Mario are trying to cut as much as salary as possible right now regardless of the influence it might have in the on ice product and hope to hit a homerun with a new salary cap over this summer. The fact they are missing is there is no guarantee that a salary cap will solve all there problems.