View Single Post
Old
07-24-2012, 02:54 PM
goyotes

vCash: 500
It has also been reported by US Today (as indicated in the link), and the Phoenix Business Journal.

Either Jamison has the $$$ or he doesn't. If his investors are looking for a clear pathway without any further obstruction, they should just pull the plug on this since there will always be obstructions put up on this deal. That fact isn't hard to see which leads me to my next point.

I tend to think Jamison doesn't have the money lined up, because at this point, he is losing the opportunity to cash in on the Coyote's good playoff run and general good will they created with a potential fan base, lining up corporate sponsors and boxes where the big $$$ is, Nash leaving the Suns, the D-Backs falturing (although they have shown signs of life very recently), keeping Captain Coyotes Doan, getting additional free agent help, selling season tickets, marketing during the off season, and more. Time is not on Jamison's side. If he had the ability to do the deal, I would assume it would have been done by now. Maybe he pulls it out of the fire, but I think the NHL is banking on a labor stoppage and if the Coyotes play their final (and partial) season in Phoenix, any losses beyond the expected amount will be covered by a relocation fee to QC. If that is the case, the NHL will stand to only lose minimal $$$ on the entire Phoenix ordeal.