View Single Post
Old
07-24-2012, 03:04 PM
Cluttered

vCash: 50
Hi everyone! I'm a future Twin Cities visitor, and I'm looking for some guidance. This is a fascinating topic, but after skimming the board I'm not finding exactly the kind of information a traveler such as myself will need.
To put my grand adventure quite simply, I'm backpacking across North America this fall/winter to visit every NHL stadium (And if I'm lucky, see more than a handful of Wild games all across the map!). I've already quit my job in advance and rented out my apartment to a new tenant, so I have no excuses not to go. I'm looking for fellow couchsurfers who are also hockey fans and might have a sofa available for me to crash on, (Or cheap hostels in safe neighborhoods), tips on places to eat and drink and see good live music for cheap, and amazing cultural hidden gems for me to explore! I'm also looking for advice on finding areas in each city that are artsy/sustainable/veg friendly/queer friendly/with good public transport. This goes for St.Paul as well as every other city that has an NHL arena and Wild fans! If anyone has some advice, or has a friend who is on couchsurfing and wants to help a fellow hockey addict out, or grab a beer and watch the beautiful game, let me know~!

Cluttered is offline   Reply With Quote