View Single Post
Old
07-24-2012, 04:56 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Hey guys, Rangers fan here. There's a discussion going on over on our boards about Jason Arnott. A couple of our fans have claimed that the general review from you guys is that he's no longer very good defensively at this point in his career.

I've been able to find some stuff on here talking about him playing a 150ft game due to his lack of speed, but that's he's still defensively sound in that role, but that's it. I haven't been able to find what they are talking about. I also understand that he and Hitchcock had some kind of falling out over practice during the playoffs.

So my question is this:

If you are expecting a 3rd line C who is defensively responsible and can provide 15-20g and 30-40 points, would he be a good pickup?
On the defensive side, I think Arnott has to play with a defensive winger who can play the role of center in the defensive end. At the end of the season, Sobotka was on his line and handle the center defensive responsibilities. Arnott is essentially a winger when it comes to defense.

As far as offense goes, the production wasn't there late in the season. I'd project 10-15 goals and 25-35 points.

He still has a little bit left in the tank, but for a contending team, I don't think he is good enough. He would have to be in the perfect situation.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote