Old
07-24-2012, 05:22 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalowing88 View Post
A healthy Wood and Levitre makes that interior downright stout. Wood and Williams both have got to stay healthy this year or I'm giving up on them, though. I love talent and potential but if you're not fulfilling it, we might as well just find someone who can do 80 percent of what theyre capable of 100 percent of the time.

I was looking at the conference today at work and I'm curious as to who everyone here sees as playoff contenders in the AFC? I generally line the conference up into three tiers: Divisional Favorites, Borderline Teams, and Also-Rans. While with parity we occasionally have a surprise team jump around tiers, we are at the point in the pre season where we can at least project a moderately accurate outlook of who stands a chance to make the playoffs this season. This looks like our best chance in years, not because of our improved roster so much but instead because of the implosion of teams that used to lock up spots year in and year out. Indy and San Diego are shells of their former selves. Pittsburgh is fundamentally weaker than I've seen in years. From what I see, the tiers look like this:

Divisional Favorites:
New England
Baltimore
Houston
Denver

Borderline Teams:
Cincy
Buffalo
NYJ
Pittsburgh
Tennessee

Also-Rans:
Miami
Cleveland
Oakland
Kansas City
Jacksonville
Indy
San Diego

Essentially we are one of five teams I think have a chance for the wild card spot and we happen to have the easiest schedule of the bunch.
No way they are borderline, they will make it that I assure you...