View Single Post
Old
07-24-2012, 05:35 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I wouldn't. I think people are jumping to conclusions too soon with regards to the defense. I know the popular thing is to go off about Laviolette's system and how terrible the system is, but when they went on the 2010 run to the finals, they played exceptional defense. I think we need to give things a chance first rather than blow things up in a panic. Making a move for Yandle would be a panic. Right now, the Flyers are sitting pretty with a lot of money available. Wait until it's closer to the deadline and then make the move.
There would be a lot of "hoping" with this defense. Timonen is notably getting slower. Coburn always does well in playoffs and everybody in the offseason says "its Coburns time for a beast season". Ill believe it when it happens. Grossmann is a solid top 4 guy who looked good before he was hurt. There are reasons he had problems in Dallas though. Meszaros was hurt all last year but he was good the year before. He is also just a #3-4 defender. Schenn had one good season out of 4. There is little evidence he will turn it around THIS season, but there is a chance. Gervias has always been a #6, while we have MAB who still is having concussion problems and Gus (who I like) but is still unknown (and Manning).

Thats what this defense is. All chance. Sadly Weber would have solidified the defense. Now that he isnt a Flyer, I do hope they take a look at #1 defenders out there such as Enstrom.People looked at our defense last season and said how bad it was. Now we have closely to the same exact defense that we were complaining with near the allstar break.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote