View Single Post
Old
07-24-2012, 06:43 PM
Brozgalov

vCash: 500
I still think we have to try and accomplish the following...

1) Sign Voracek
After this whole Weber standoff, I am actually quite happy that Voracek is indeed still on the team. Obviously things can change quickly, but he is a huge asset to this team moving forward. I need to at least see Harnell/Giroux/Voracek for an entire season before I want to even think about moving him.

2) Attempt trade for Yandle
Obviously the best option for defense was Weber... well I think it's safe to say he will never be wearing a Flyers uniform, so where else can we look. I haven't seen much of Yandle but have heard great things. Is he Shea Weber? Hell no! However, he seems to be more of an offensive defensemen, which actually might fit better in our current system.

Assuming Yandle Trade doesn't work or somehow we have enough assets to do this as well...
3) Attempt trade for Bobby Ryan
To me the Flyers are creating even more of a destination place for players to sign. With the brothers Schenn, Giroux etc, Bobby Ryan would be another great addition to the team. I'm not convinced we are willing to pay what it would take however... If this were to happen, I think you'd see multiple players take discounts to stay on this team. B. Schenn/L. Schenn(because they are close apparently, and probably wont get another chance to stay on the same team), Ryan (hometown hero), and most likely Giroux.

4) PATIENCE
After not having to commit to Parise/Suter/Weber this offseason, we have space. If Timonen is gone, that is even more space. I think the loss of Carle is both underrated and overrated. Yes he brought something to our team, but he wasn't great in the role that he brought. Look at a guy like Gustafsson to step into that role (obviously not top pairing). Luke Schenn was once regarded as a franchise defensemen... someone who could be groomed into a #1. He has had glimpses of greatness and bad. I would like to think the fresh start and being with his brother brings out the best in him. He could be that mean Pronger/Weber type guy that we are looking for. Will he ever be Pronger or Weber? Probably not, but there is a chance he gets close.

Then you move onto our offense... a new year for Giroux after the spectacular season he had. He proved to all of us and the league that he is elite, but also to himself. He will not stop working to be the best and we could either see an identical year or a better one. He will most likely be with Voracek, and the two of them could be extremely dynamic! Brayden Schenn is getting another start injury free and he knows he now has a spot on the roster. The boost of his brother being in town is HUGE imo, and he should be a force this year. I don't remember where I saw it, but Couturier is very serious about bulking up and getting better for the upcoming season. I believe he will take an even bigger step as the 3rd center (probably moving to #2 at points during the season due to injuries) and him playing with better linemates will have him produce big time.

Last point... I strongly believe Lavy will be putting a bigger emphasis on defense this season. We will see the same system, but I think he will hold the D accountable more often. Look for L. Schenn to start in the 3rd pairing and end up on the top with Coburn by the end of the season.

I expect big things from this group, without Weber.

Brozgalov is offline   Reply With Quote