Thread: Speculation: Bobby Ryan
View Single Post
Old
07-24-2012, 06:06 PM
High Glove

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Most Ducks fans are just being stupid. That's a pretty awesome package, particularly for someone who doesn't want to be there.

Then again, I can't tell them what to like.

I can promise you this. If Couturier and Schenn(s) weren't traded for Weber, then they're not going to Anaheim for Ryan. People think that just because we have shiny assets, they deserve those assets for whatever player that might be traded here. It's a problematic endeavor. If you want to be stubborn and overreach your value, you get burned in the end. Look at where Nashville stands.
Pretty strong words there. Perhaps you've failed to notice WHY the Flyers are so interested in Ryan. Probably for the same reasons you value Couturier and Schenn. Is it so unreasonable to suggest that in order to trade our most talented and promising young goal scorer we would like to have another talented and promising young player in return? Is that "stupid"?

Also, has it occurred to you that Ryan's contention that he "doesn't want to be here" is frustration or youth or simply intentional posturing to force the Ducks to announce their intentions where he's concerned. That's exactly how it sounded to me. And as far as the organization is concerned, Ryan can complain all he wants about not wanting to be here but none of that necessitates that they trade him for less than he's worth. (See: Bryzgalov)

We're not Columbus.

High Glove is offline   Reply With Quote