View Single Post
Old
07-24-2012, 06:31 PM
Dogpound

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
Right! i think were on the same page, but i guess i was saying that in order to be considered one of the top players in the draft, especially if your from the maritimes, you have to dominate at midget AAA, especially at 15. I agree, if he has a solid season, he will be drafted early enough, but, i think the draft is going to be deep this year, especially with maritme players, therefore in order to be up there, he will have to shine at places such as the challenge cup, monctonnian, the new halifax tournament and of course the playoffs. Because of his size, he wont have the benefit of doubt if he does not produce. Sometimes you can look past #'s and producing when your 6'2", and can skate like the wind!!! but if your 5'7", you better be putting that puck in the net, and have drive. (example MaCausland - scorer in midget AAA. He dominated his year midget AAA)
Jacob has been the best kid his age for a number of years and scores every where he goes despite his size. Jacob played in the Atlantics and Nationals with Moncton didn't he? If i remember correctly he scored a few points in both tournaments too. He is definitely small but doesn't seem to shy away from the rough stuff either. He might be a bit timid now after having surgery. Interesting to see how Luc Duschene will do finally playing against kids his own age. I really don't think he is going to turn out like everyone is expecting.

Dogpound is offline   Reply With Quote