View Single Post
Old
07-24-2012, 06:34 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post
We already have depth. We don't need to lessen it to "bring a guy home." If he wants to come home he can do it in FA. Right now we can get Semin for a year or two without giving up assets. He's got issues, but we don't lose players or picks to get him.

On top of that, our defense is a need, not offense. If we're going to give up assets it needs to be for D, not Ryan. It makes zero sense to use assets for Ryan when they should be used on an actual need.

Edit: Also, does everybody forget that Hartnell has been a 30ish goal scorer for much of his career, and nearly cracked 40 playing with Giroux? It's not like he has zero wingers.
I'm not buying that we need defense. We have a talented group who need to put their big boy pants on, realize Uncle Pronger isn't there to guide them, and play their system to perfection. Would Weber have been great? Absolutely. You never pass up that opportunity if it's there for the taking. I'm glad Homer took the chance, but our D as is should be fine.

As to your edit, I mentioned Hartnell in my original post. You help prove my point. Take a good career player and stick him with Giroux and he'll light it up. That's always been the contradictory response..."no we don't need Nash/Ryan/etc because we have no idea if he'll play well with Giroux, and we have Scott Hartnell, why do we need those guys?" Cmon now. 67 points next to a 93 point center, I understand he only played there 7/8ths the season, and it was a career high, but we need higher totals than that from our "elite" wingers

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote