View Single Post
Old
07-24-2012, 07:14 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC93 View Post
Yeah, god forbid we actually have two awesome two-way centres. What's with the "I can't wait until some young player blossoms so we can ditch the veteran who's not even that old and is a way better player than him."

**** that, if Eller develops into Plekanec #2, that's awesome and an even better reason NOT to trade Plekanec. We want depth, depth, depth which you don't get by trading Plekanec who's in his prime as soon as a younger player becomes serviceable. You keep BOTH, that's how you become a great team. If you have both of those guys, all of a sudden Desharnais becomes this awesome little Danny Briere style offensive weapon. Three offensive centres, two of which can play awesome at both ends of the ice (Eller and Pleks)? You don't braek that up, you roll with it!
Depends, habs are weak at other positions. In 2-3 years Cole, Gionta, Markov, Kaberle and Gomez will be out. Maybe free agency won't have what we need. Maybe we'll have a shot at a Bobby Ryan type player. At that point, you have to consider trading Plekanec. A position of advantage is great but habs aren't stocked everywhere else. You assess your team and see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
If Gally develops as expected, one of those is gonna be expendable, and it's not Desharnais, simply because he's french.
I'm not french but that's one of the stupidest things I've heard. We traded latendresse, Ribeiro, Lapierre, etc... and we won't trade DD if we need to? IMO, if we don't trade DD it's because he's our only pure playmaking forward. I love the guy. High compete level and determination. Not to mention, he's a pretty good player.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote