View Single Post
Old
07-24-2012, 10:22 PM
Joe Hallenback

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
If Barzal wants to play in the WHL but not for Seattle, how does the process work in that league? Does he demand a trade? Say he's not showing up for camp. By way of comparison when Domi wouldn't go to kingston and wanted london, the teams agreed on the trade, he didn't show up for camp, and then they announced the trade. For MacKinnon re the Q, iirc, they just traded him over the summer.

How does it work in the Dub...and should we expect something like this from Barzal?
It just doesn't happen much in the WHL and there is rarely a trade. The only recent trade I can think of is Seth Jones. Guys like Toews,Gropp and Moffat who were high picks ended up going the college route. Brayden Schenn wanted a trade to Kelowna and told Brandon he wasn't going to report. Kelly McCrimmon told him to sit at home because he wasn't trading him. He ended up reporting after.

I think Barzal may report though next year. They actually have alot of high end young talent already there with Hauf,Theordore,Green,Hickman and Troock. Gropp may not be coming this year but I think if they can turn it around this season and show something he might end up joining up with Barzal next year. Nothing like playing with a top end guy like that to up your draft stock right?

Too bad Farwell was a moron and kept Calvin Pickard at the trade deadline they could have gotten even more pieces for a real powerhouse

Joe Hallenback is offline   Reply With Quote