Thread: Poile
View Single Post
Old
07-24-2012, 11:13 PM
PredsV82
Cotton Candy!

vCash: 130
everyone forgets that Poile has had to work in an extremely tight budget up until this summer

when push came to shove, Weber and Suter obviously were determined to get maximum dollars, and all the pleasantries they expressed about getting extensions done early went away as soon as their agents told them what they could get of they played hardball. To cover their ***** they started saying crap about wanting to see if the team was committed to winning but what they were really saying was they wanted to see if they could get the most cash. I have said it before and I will say it again, Weber and Suter were operating under the assumption that whatever Poile offered, someone else would offer more because Poile was on a budget.... thus Webers desire for an offer sheet last summer and Suters determination to reach UFA status....

So, as of last summer and up until this summer, when it became unavoidably apparent that true "lifetime" deals were going to be necessary, Poile didn't have the authority to offer a deal that Weber or Suter would have signed. So I don't know how you blame poile for that

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote