View Single Post
Old
07-24-2012, 11:17 PM
MacFlyer

vCash: 500
Post secret: I would have done the Weber trade for Couturier and B Schenn.

Sure I would have loved to get a better deal... And thought for a while we could have forced a better one to keep one of those two... But I'd have done the one was on the table from the start.

I wish all this hadn't happened... because in the back of my mind I'm going to hold this against these two for the rest of their flyer lives. I think couturier will be every bit as good as we hope... And I'd still love to do this deal and get weber instead.

Brayden is now going to have to become all star / Olympic calibre (as well as Couturier) to make me not resent homer's choice.

Schenn's the player I suspect I'm going to hold this against for year's... Even though I now that not fair or rational.

Defense is simply way more important than offense. Norris calibre defenseman are rare. Weber is not only that, but likely the best of his generation.

Future measuring stick: In 2016 when Weber is captain of Team Canada at the Winter Olympics in S Korea, not doing this trade is okay if couturier and Schenn make that squad with Giroux (ideally over Richards and carter).

That happens, I'll gladly admit we were right not to trade. Anything less, and I'll resent Homer for it... (And now I suspect B Schenn as well.)

Today, I hate "potential".

Potential = pride.

My advice to homer... To paraphrase pulp fiction:
"The day of the trade, you may feel a slight sting. That's potential *****ing with you. ***** potential. Potential only hurts. It never helps. You fight through that ****."