View Single Post
Old
07-24-2012, 11:23 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
I know the Lakers have been the big draw, but I've always considered it the Kings building. AEG owns it and, most importantly, the purple of the seats is closer to the Kings purple than the Laker's purple.

So the seat color settles it. The question should be if they will build an arena for the Lakers

All kidding aside, the Clippers are the guy living in the garage to help bring our rent down that we have to hide from the landlord. They would be the first to go but there is no appetite to build a comparable arena just for the Clippers.

As much as the crazy weekend at Staples during this years playoffs was a pain in the ass, mainly because of the bike race and the Kings getting the shaft as far as scheduling, the buzz it drew was tremendous for the LA sports scene. I mean, it was THE sports story of that weekend and had never been seen before. Pretty damn unique.
You know what was brutal?

Having to get there at 9 a.m. in the morning of the bike race and game, just to wait 3 hours for the game to start.

And of course, the worst game the Kings played all playoffs.

What else was brutal were the early start times for the SCF. Parking was horrid and L.A. Live was a zoo. Lesson learned. Perhaps I will get a hotel room at the Marriott next year and just hang out at L.A. Live for a few days.

Ron is online now   Reply With Quote