View Single Post
Old
07-24-2012, 11:32 PM
Hammer79

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by digger18 View Post
I don't see why webers agent was going on about "another rebuild" anyway. They clearly showed last year that they were ready to start ponying up financially to try and win. Suter wasn't gonna go back there no matter what, however, one player a rebuild does not make. Nashville basically proved that they are in it to win today. They are going to be a playoff team again, and with a couple decent deadline acquisitions a cup contender IMO.
I don't think they are all that close to being a cup contender. Having 2 #1 D-men and a top-tier goaltender papered over their problems upfront. There was too much scoring by committee, and no real star forwards. Fisher and Hornqvist were their only 20 goal scorers last year, and no one cracked the 60 point mark. Losing Radulov to the KHL doesn't help matters either.

Suter was actually their 5th leading scorer. Aside from Weber, their D-core is pretty thin, and aren't going to contribute offense from the back-end like Suter did.

As the roster is right now, I think they will be somewhere in the 7th through 10th place pack of teams. They are going to struggle to make the playoffs.