View Single Post
Old
07-25-2012, 02:57 AM
digger18

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer79 View Post
I don't think they are all that close to being a cup contender. Having 2 #1 D-men and a top-tier goaltender papered over their problems upfront. There was too much scoring by committee, and no real star forwards. Fisher and Hornqvist were their only 20 goal scorers last year, and no one cracked the 60 point mark. Losing Radulov to the KHL doesn't help matters either.

Suter was actually their 5th leading scorer. Aside from Weber, their D-core is pretty thin, and aren't going to contribute offense from the back-end like Suter did.

As the roster is right now, I think they will be somewhere in the 7th through 10th place pack of teams. They are going to struggle to make the playoffs.
If there was a roster freeze on I could see your point. It's the middle of the UFA period, and 8 months till the trade deadline. Everyone is saying Nashville broke themselves on this one, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see poile make another splash before the season. Proving to his freshly locked up captain that he will be given a chance to win moving forward.

PS. Radulov is addition by subtraction.