Thread: U23 World Cup
View Single Post
07-25-2012, 03:45 AM
Mr Writer
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by cagney View Post
I had meant to include Zucker as a possibility but forgot to put him on there. Blum is an '89 so he wouldn't be eligible by the criteria I was going with.

It's really just a roster as of today I was going for. I could certainly see some others, including '93 borns, making progress in the time frame that's being discussed here. This all seems like a stretch to actually happen though, but I'd find it pretty interesting to see how such a tournament would go.
You are correct, it is a big time stretch for an event like this to happen, but one I thought had some merit and worthy of a discussion.

What I think would be even better than anything the IIHF can come up with though, Hockey Canada and USA Hockey to organize a Junior Summit Series 7 games best 4 out of 7 Home and Away series. It doesn't have to be an annual event, but a semi-annual event. Those would be 7 games of high intensity, high tempo that the IIHF Christmas event can not deliver. I'd say the best junior hockey played today could be very well found in such a tournament. USA Hockey would have to scrap that summer 3 nations tournament though with the Swedes and the Finns. Tell me, does that any attention in the U.S.?

Mr Writer is offline   Reply With Quote