View Single Post
Old
07-25-2012, 09:20 AM
ClemQ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersboss View Post
Jacob has been the best kid his age for a number of years and scores every where he goes despite his size. Jacob played in the Atlantics and Nationals with Moncton didn't he? If i remember correctly he scored a few points in both tournaments too. He is definitely small but doesn't seem to shy away from the rough stuff either. He might be a bit timid now after having surgery. Interesting to see how Luc Duschene will do finally playing against kids his own age. I really don't think he is going to turn out like everyone is expecting.
i'm not in disagreement, just pointing out that in order to be a top draft pick, when your "smaller", you have to dominate and have skills above the average. He will have all year to prove himself! I hope he does well! he has the bloodline, the smarts, etc..etc.

and i will agree 100% on your post about Deschenes. I dont wish him bad luck, but i have been watching him for 2 years now, and i just havent seen him justify the hype. I saw Crosby playing as a 14yr old with the dartmouth subways, and he dominated. Of course he's the best player in the world now. Andrew Gordon also played on that dartmouth team, played NCAA after , and is now with the Anaheim ducks. He was 15 and dominated also. This guy dominated....and barely anyone knows about him. He's playing in the NHL now, and still most people dont know about him. I dont get the hype about a player when they are not dominant in NB midget AAA. I just havent seen any of that from Deschenes.

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote