View Single Post
Old
07-25-2012, 10:58 AM
stammerhammer91

vCash: 500
I really believe that if connolly had stayed in the top 6 after his first 9-15 games then he would have been so much more successful in his last year. He looked solid with the big guys and was really helping the line go. When a player is a star his whole life and then goes from playing 15 minutes a night to 6 minutes a night, it wears on a player and it is much harder to play. Look at stamkos's first year, he didn't look too good playing 8 minutes a night either, then all of a sudden, he gets 18-20 minutes and he starts showing what he can really do. Connolly is not a fourth line player, he needs to be on one of the top 2 lines, and based on last year's development and an off-season of training i think he is the front-runner for a top 6 spot. If he gets beaten out by someone then that is fine, because I just want to have the best players up but I really don't see a player with connolly's skill and expected improvement not making the team. This training camp should be very interesting but in my opinion i think that connolly and brown make the team and conacher and killorn both stay in the minors at least to start. There is definitely more competition this year though, should be fun to watch.

stammerhammer91 is offline   Reply With Quote