View Single Post
Old
07-25-2012, 12:09 PM
Vamos Rafa
ADT = GH

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
Kershaw has really come back down to Earth it seems.
Yeah, he has. But he still has pretty good numbers, just not as dominant as he was last year. He's above 3.00 ERA for the first time this season. I guess it's really different when you're pitching for a team that is dead last in offense. I know the Dodgers didn't have great offense last year, either, but at least he had a healthy Kemp supporting him.

Sad to see Eovaldi go. He has the stuff AND mental toughness (ahem, Billingsley). But we still have other pitching prospects in Zach Lee, Ethan Martin, and Chris Reed so I'm not that sad. Plus, we still have Rubby De La Rosa recovering from TJ. Should we worry that the other prospect Ned gave up is one of those pitchers I just mentioned?

Hanley might play SS tonight. I wonder if he's willing to move back to 3B when Dee comes back from the DL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
Dodgers took on his full remaining salary.

That's a big investment in someone with a questionable work ethic and a bad reputation in the locker room.

This is a good gamble to take, though. Ramirez is incredibly talented and he gives the lineup an instant injection of power.

If the team was still under McCourt, Ned would've been forced to trade another prospect, say Zach Lee, instead of taking Hanley's full salary.

Last edited by Vamos Rafa: 07-25-2012 at 12:14 PM.