View Single Post
Old
07-25-2012, 01:17 PM
Paul Bunyan
Mythical Lumberjack

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobeyBroten View Post
If it is vs. Chicago I bet it would be at either Soldier Field, Wrigley or US Cellular.
Perhaps soldier field which is why they are doing the Gophs/Badgers & Notre Dame/Miami doubleheader there this year.

I'd rather it be in Minnesota, and it could be as Chicago already had one in Chicago, which I could have gone to but I didn't want to spend that much on a ticket to see a team I hate the most (Detroit) play a team I dislike (Chicago).

The NHL had already told Leipold that Minnesota would get one as soon as they had stars (they REALLY do now) and if they make the playoffs.

Which means, they should get the next one most likely.

The Wild always are up there with the teams that get the top number of national TV games anyway, now it will likely be more so because let's be honest...the biggest story of this new season (assuming there is one) IS going to be the new look Wild, so all the publicity is there.

I think it will be Chicago, it would only be Dallas if they wanted a big Southern Market.

Either case, I just hope Minnesota's are throwback Stars jerseys, the Fighting Saints or something ridiculous like the St. Paul Ice Polo sweaters.

-- Also, clearly for going to a game any hardcore fan would rather see Wild/Jets, but for the casual no-nothing TV audience, they'd prefer Chicago.

Paul Bunyan is offline   Reply With Quote