View Single Post
Old
07-25-2012, 01:21 PM
Pennertration

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by missedpicks View Post
The concern is that a better piece becomes available over the next two years that we want to lock up for an extended period of time. Next year we have lots of contracts (Hall, Eberle, Gagner, Smid, Whitney(?), MPS(?), Lander(?)) that we need to decide what to do with, not to mention some prospects that will be challenging for a position. I would rather hold-off than make any hasty changes to the commitment to a solid rebuild.

As for a $7M caphit for 2 years not being a concern??? That takes away the ability to add an ALL-STAR player at any point in time over the next two years. Not to mention the point you made of giving Calgary a prospect...let them suffer.
The $7M cap hit for two years isn't a concern though ... you don't think you could ditch that contract if you needed to? You can trade JayBo in two minutes if you don't want anything substantial back. It's not like he's gonna be over the hill in the next two years.

As for letting Calgary suffer, I agree. That's my biggest concern. It's not receiving JayBo - it's not giving anything to Calgary that will benefit them.