View Single Post
Old
07-25-2012, 03:20 PM
Brozgalov

vCash: 500
Okay so Bill Meltzer just started tweeting about how the Flyers should take a stab at Zach Bogosian. That is something I would have never thought of. He made a lot of great points about how him and L. Schenn were both rushed into the league at 18 for their respective teams. He talked about how at 22 Shea Weber only had 28 GP in the NHL and Bogosian has 264 (trying to remember the exact number). How Chris Prongers first few years in the NHL he was called a bust and it takes time to develop.

My Questions are:

1) Do the Jets even think about trading Bogosian? I haven't heard rumors, but I know he hasn't worked out the way they wish he would.

2) What do you think about the possibility and what would we have to give up?

After looking into it.. I think it would be awesome. Having him and Schenn both have a new place to play and a fresh start. One of them is bound to become the Dman they were originally slated to become. It gives the D core more competition within to become better and younger. Bogosian was a #3 overall pick by the Thrashers and was looked at as their answer on D at the age of 18. Schenn was the #5 pick for Toronto and was thrown right on the team with the crazy pressure of Toronto. Fresh starts for both of these guys could prove to be HUGE in their development.

What say ye?

Brozgalov is offline   Reply With Quote