Thread: Confirmed Signing with Link: NSH matches PHI offer sheet to Weber (14 years, $7.8M)
View Single Post
Old
07-25-2012, 05:24 PM
AEM6729

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powdered Toast Man View Post
The quotes can be silly canned garbage and still not mean Weber is going to be a malcontent. I imagine his level satisfaction at the moment is somewhere between content and "Whoo! Money!" Would he have been happier if the Predators didn't match? We will never know because people are rarely ever honest in his business.
This. I know if I were him I'd be on the "Whoo! Money!" end of the spectrum.

Didn't like that when asked about his agents' shenanigans (aka unprofessional radio interviews), he was just like "Eh, I guess that's their feelings. I was never involved in that".

WTF? They're your employees, bro. Their job is to represent you. I find it hard to believe that you "weren't involved in that". And if you were truly not involved, then you should probably fire those clowns for running amok and making you look bad.

I mean, have there ever been more ridiculous agents ever?! Ever since Weber fired Meehan and hired these goofballs, negotiating with him has been a nightmare. I never liked those two from the moment they plastered their website full of misspellings and grammatical errors about Weber's accolades after he hired them.