Old
07-25-2012, 06:27 PM
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
That's well and good.

I was mocking those mocking the package. There is clearly a difference.
I think there's a few reasons Ducks fans mock that package. For one, it doesn't include the one thing the Ducks want back, despite Philly having two guys who are exactly that. It's understandable for Ducks fans to mock such a package. This isn't a team like the Leafs, who don't have the center depth to make a perfect offer, where it's understandable that they're just making the best offer they can(well, some of the time, anyway). But with Philly, I think it just floors Ducks fans that they have not one, but two pieces the Ducks would certainly covet, yet there's zero attempt to even try and include them in any proposals. It would be like, if the Flyers desperately needed a top line winger(not saying they do, this is hypothetical), and wanted to trade a package headlined by Schenn for one, and Ducks fans offered Peter Holland, Toni Lydman and a first for just Schenn.

Second is the inclusion of Meszaros, despite the Ducks having no room for him, no need for a defenseman of his type even if they did, and would definitely have issue paying him that much for the next couple years. If Meszaros was on waivers, I highly doubt the Ducks would put a claim in for him. He's just a terrible fit all around. His inclusion in any proposal is even more baffling than leaving out one of the pieces the Ducks actually want. We know why he's always included, but that doesn't mean the Ducks have to like it.

Basically, it's a proposal that not only leaves out one of the pieces the Ducks would actually want in return for Ryan, but also includes a player they probably want nothing to do with. That's why it gets mocked, but mainly the first one.

Gibsons Finest is online now   Reply With Quote