View Single Post
Old
07-25-2012, 07:03 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Oh, were you arguing about Getzlaf/Perry part? That was a bit of an exaggeration on my part, obviously. It was more to point out that it makes no sense from Philadelphia's perspective, to give that much up for Bobby Ryan. Sure, it would benefit Anaheim greatly, but what's the appeal to Philly?
Mainly the "ridiculous" part. I don't think Philly does it, but I definitely think they ponder on it. It certainly isn't a ridiculous proposal, it's a win value-wise but there's a sense to it. That's also assuming Hartnell isn't in it, as he has a NTC/NMC. Even if he is, not sure it's a "ridiculous" proposal. Most Leaf proposals are ridiculous, this is just a little uneven.

To spitball on the idea, perhaps they look at Schenn+Simmonds+Rinaldo for Ryan+Holland. Holland replaces Couts(Couts bumps up) on the third line, and he's pretty unneeded her anyway. Thought about putting Couts in there instead, but despite what I said, Schenn's probably the better target. Flyers clearly value him less, but to me they're pretty close, so it's a value play from Anaheim's end.