Old
07-25-2012, 08:22 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf View Post
Mainly the "ridiculous" part. I don't think Philly does it, but I definitely think they ponder on it. It certainly isn't a ridiculous proposal, it's a win value-wise but there's a sense to it. That's also assuming Hartnell isn't in it, as he has a NTC/NMC. Even if he is, not sure it's a "ridiculous" proposal. Most Leaf proposals are ridiculous, this is just a little uneven.

To spitball on the idea, perhaps they look at Schenn+Simmonds+Rinaldo for Ryan+Holland. Holland replaces Couts(Couts bumps up) on the third line, and he's pretty unneeded her anyway. Thought about putting Couts in there instead, but despite what I said, Schenn's probably the better target. Flyers clearly value him less, but to me they're pretty close, so it's a value play from Anaheim's end.
Ryan + Holland isn't Ryan + Cogliano. Cogliano is a throw-in by Dirk that does very little for the value Anaheim is sending, while Holland is a high quality prospect nearly ready to crack his way into the NHL.

I stand by my opinion that asking for Schenn/Couturier + Simmonds/Hartnell + Rinaldo is just ripping off Philly, because first of all the value can vary greatly depending on which one you pick, and second of all, I don't see why Philadelphia does it. Centers are worth a premium in the NHL, and unlike the Richards trade, a quality center(Cogliano doesn't count) isn't going the other way.

If Philly felt Ryan was worth that much, why in the world wouldn't they be willing to move one of Couturier or Schenn for him?